I would like to have the ability to make link tooltips become a fully
functioning popup (i.e. from which you could open links and even have
pop-ups work within)  I would like it to behave with the same delay
that a link tooltip has to avoid popups from a simple sweep of the
mouse.

Are there any plugins existing that do this or could be tweaked for
such a purpose?  Something like the popup you get using the "@" in a
nested slider sticky popup.  When I didn't find anything here (are the
search results here limited compared to before, or is it just my
imagination?) I looked at tiddlytools and found PopupPreviewPlugin,
but you have to shift click the link rather than just hover for a
while, and the popups are not fully functional.

Any ideas?

Dave Parker