Now that I pulled the new version into my copy, I think, if you ever
revisit this, you should consider making the panel that gives the
TidIDE version, system edit  etc checkboxes optional so that users
like me can turn if off and save some real estate on the screen.  I
can't recall ever using any of them.

I can't see a easy way of turning it off in the current version.  (In
the previous version, I had somehow edited your code to get rid of
it.)

But, thanks for a very usable editor that continues to help me day in
and day out!

Cheers; 'best,

shankar swamy