> Has anyone developed a how to guide on installing a plugin?  I would
> think such a post would be sticky if someone had.  If not, can anyone
> shed some light on how plugins work in TW?

see here:
http://tiddlywiki.org/wiki/Plugin

Basically you can copy in edit mode the whole content of the plugin
tiddler, paste it in a new tiddler of your document, paste its title,
add a systemConfig tag, click 'done', 'save changes' and reload the
browser to have the plugin working.

Next there are script tidders which can be copied and pasted as above,
DON'T need any tag but depend on an already installed
InlineJavascriptPlugin. And can be used right away.

Least there are 'transcusions' tiddler which after copying and pasting
don't dependent on anything but require being transcluded as described
in their documentation.

Regards..