Thanks.....that works well...and leads to more questions...

The code assumes there will be only one tag, with a value such as
"filename.html"........that is possible,.... but I use tags for other
information as well...obviously picking out the tag with the .html
extension is not going to be that easy. SO....can that code be changed
so that the "filename.html" information is held in a custon field
instead.....so the tiddlers have a customfield called, say "filename"
which has the appropriate .html name ...so the code needs to read
fieldname:filename  and not tags......

And...the SaveAs plugin then asks to confirm the file name....asks to
confirm when the file exists and then asks to select to add the new
tiddler contents into the exisitng arquive....Obviously good
precautions...but having to respond so many times is a bit of a
chore.....as many entries will be fairly repetitive.

Is it possible to have the SaveAs plugin work more like
UploadTiddlers...in that it uses the calculated information and then
just saves the data....adding new data into an existing file where
appropriate and without checking each time.....

And even more useful to me........rather than having to click the
saveAs botton in the toolbar....could the SaveAS plugin be activated
with "done" editing.....again like UploadTidddlerMacro......in which
case we would need to have this automatic action turned on and
off.......via a config.options.chkSaveTiddlerLocally type of
parameter......

Eeeeer...thanks in advance
Skye