Hi David

Please could you post the code you referred to in your original post? I have a
feeling that the draft thing might be a red herring, and that this may be about
avoiding refresh cycles that destroy and recreate the range widget while it is
being used (which is a version of a classic TW5 gotcha: that one cannot use an
edit widget to edit a field of the tiddler in which the edit widget appears).

Best wishes

Jeremy