I'm reading the group messages and I have seen this.

The recent tiddler calls the timeline macro so if you want to reduce the
tiddlers you show, add a subfilter parameter:

   1. Open the $:/core/ui/SideBar/Recent tiddler.
   2. Add a subfilter parameter with the days you want to show. For
   example, to show only the last 20 day write:
      1. <$macrocall $name="timeline" subfilter="days[-20]"
      format={{$:/language/RecentChanges/DateFormat}}/

Other thing you can do is rewrite the recent tiddler with your custom
filter.