Jed,

Thanks for the recent improvements to the bob saver plugin and Bob to
address this.

I do not think I am misunderstanding. I am describing a new user
discovering and interacting with a wiki online, then eventually deciding to
make it there own.

Here is my reasoning, and Vision.

I am trying to build a start to finish workflow or experience for new
users, Never having seen tiddlywiki before. As discussed in The last word
in Saving? . I want this to be as simple as possible and I think your Bob
saver plugin can help.

   1. From an online readonly (or server wiki?), as you know, the user
   changes in the browser remain in the browser until the end of that session,
   with the addition local storage they can return for multiple sessions (for
   which I intend to build an opportunity and warning to save and detect if
   necessary to restore changes). Such that if local storage is lost they can
   return to there updated state. I can detect where the TiddlyWiki is served
   from and provide a warning they are depending only on local storage,
   including how to use bob/Timimi TiddlyServer etc...
   2. The next step is making it their own.
      1. This is where I am looking forward to using your new Bob Saver
      Plugin. I would *preinstall it *in the online readonly wiki.
      2. The online wiki can guide the user to install and launch bob.exe
      which is easy to do. The other path available is Timimi (Firefox only).
      3. *Then the default save is available to download a wiki*, and with
      simple instructions and your Bob saver plugin (or Timimi) they will now
be
      able edit and save it.
      4. I can then detect if TiddlyWiki is served locally/on File etc..
   3. Then of course if using Bob, users now have access to bob server to
   make use of all its services as well.

*Design notes:*

   - *In step 2.3* I can actually control the save/download mechanism such
   as activating the Bob Saver plugin, including any changes in local storage
   and the browser in the download (So they do not lose changes), removing
   changes from local storage (in the online read only session), even
   providing a link to A local Bob server (Default), or to a user provided
   folder listing their single file wikis. This would also be one place to
   acknowledge bob and point to your patreon page.
   - If I understand the use of bob and bob saver plugin, and Timimi, the
   user can use the same instructions to manage their own tiddlywiki's from
   their own document folders as they would any other "document" except the
   application is the browser (not word etc..). Making use of common user
   experiences, is a key to making it easier to understand.
   - It would be nice if I could detect when the last save occured
   successfully through Bob or Timimi or Download.
   - Users that can't install locally have the initial method to continue
   using the WIki, even save to a cloud location and restore on another
   computer/browser.
   - The only remaining gap is to address those arriving at the tiddlywiki
   site on a mobile device, how do they "make it their own?"

Regards
Tony