On Saturday, December 21, 2019 at 8:37:41 PM UTC-8, TonyM wrote:

> Whilst doing some development today with advanced macros I was displaying
> a tiddler that abended the wiki.
>
>    - Unfortunately I had default tiddlers of [list[$:/StoryList]] so it
>    would always display on load.
>    - I edited the html file directly and removed [list[$:/StoryList]]
>    from $:/DefaultTiddlers
>
> <http://192.168.1.81/Development/!SandboxWikis/VariouseSandbox.html#%24%3A%2FDefaultTiddlers>
>    - and I can now use an indirect way to edit the tiddler before
>    displaying it so I can fix the problem
>
> I've run into similar problems when working on macros
that are recursive and get into a "runaway" condition
which never terminates, and eventually crashes the page.

Here's a little "OpenForEdit" tiddler that can help with the above
situation.

Select a tiddler to edit:<br>
<$select tiddler="$:/temp/openforedit">
   <$list filter="[all[tiddlers]]"> <option><<currentTiddler>></option> <
/$list>
</$select>
<$button>edit
   <$action-sendmessage $message="tm-edit-tiddler" $param={{$:/temp/
openforedit}} />
</$button>

Then, to bypass the DefaultTiddlers on startup, just add "#OpenForEdit" to
the end of your URL.
When the above tiddler is loaded, select the offending tiddler from the
list and press the "edit" button
to jump directly into edit mode, bypassing any view mode problems that
tiddler may have.

enjoy,
-e