On Monday, December 30, 2019 at 11:25:51 PM UTC+3:30, Panos Firbas wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I fiddled with the script a bit today for my personal use, and since this
> is a hot thread, I'm back to share my little improvements with you.
> I'm very new to tiddly so please advise if I should share these things
> somewhere else.

I think this is the right place, but you can also share on
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tiddlywikidev

> In the tiddlyserver script, I added a function to cleanup the backedup
> files. It keeps the last X files (Default=5) and is triggered right after a
> backup is made.
> I also added https functionality.

This is very nice feature! I may recommend to have an option file as a json
or simpler one to read the settings. These are backup folder, and other
options
I think user with no or little Python knowledge can use this settings file
easier.

> Please note that I also made a slight change in the folder structure, I
> keep things at /home/user/tiddlyserver/. In there, we have the twBackups
> folder,
> the tiddlyserver.py script, and a /served folder which contains the .html
> files to be served. The motivation was to not serve the script itself, or
> the backups.

As there is a crowd of Windows user, as I explained above the backup folder
can be set by user in a simple way!

Thank you for sharing and please let us know your improvements.

--Mohammad