I cannot seem to wrap my head around how to set this up.  here is what I
have so far:

{

  "tree": {
    "tiddlywiki": "../work",
    "personal": "../personal"
  },

  "authAccounts": {
    "mainuser": {
      "clientKeys": {
        "username": { "publicKey": "code-entered-from-terminal", "cookieSalt":
"salt" }
      },
      "permissions": {
        "mkdir": true,
        "putsaver": true,
        "registerNotice": true,
        "upload": true,
        "websockets": true,
        "writeErrors": true,
        "loginlink": true,
        "transfer": true
      }
    }
  },

  "bindInfo": {
    "bindAddress": ["0.0.0.0"]
  },

  "$schema": "./settings-2-1.schema.json"
}

I have a tiddlywiki.info file in 'work' and a few files in 'personal'.  The
server starts and I am able to see and access the directories.  However I
cannot save the wiki and I have unrestricted access to the personal
directory whether I log in or not.

I assume the answer lies in the 'tree' section but I can't for the life of
me understand what that is saying in the docs.