I have two "sets" of Tiddlers, they are tagged as "SetA" and SetB".

Now when I am editing a Tiddler in SetA I want to have an editable field
that hyperlinks to one of the other Tiddlers in SetB using, ideally, a
lookup list of all the Tiddlers tagged "SetB".

So I create a field in all the Tiddlers in  SetA and SetB called
"Associate".

Simply, I can manually link the Tiddlers with;

Associate: [["a Tiddler in SetB"]]

And a lookup list:

<$select tiddler='$:/generated-list'>
<$list filter='[tag[SetB]]'>
<option><$view field='title'/></option>
</$list>
</$select>
<$tiddler tiddler={{$:/generated-list}}>
<$transclude mode='block'/>
</$tiddler>

Ideally, I want to wrap the whole thing into an editable field:

<$edit-text field="Associate"/>

I just don't know how to bring it all together.

Is there a better way of doing this?