On Thursday, February 27, 2020 at 1:14:56 PM UTC-8, David wrote:

> I tried to implement the CSS Stylesheet code in these two tutorials, but
> it seems like the sheets were never loaded.
> I am naming the Stylesheet tiddler this: "$:/tags/Stylesheet" like it says
> in the tutorials.

That is the error.  The instructions in both tutorials say to TAG the
tiddler with "$:/tags/Stylesheet".

Give your tiddler ANY name, but add "$:/tags/Stylesheet" as a TAG value

> Then I paste in the code from the tut.
> Then I set the "type" to "text/css"

The tutorial from TiddlyWiki.com says this:

> Usually it is best to use the type text/css for stylesheets. This treats
> them as plain stylesheets, and ensures that TiddlyWiki doesn't apply any
> wiki processing to them.
> If you wish to use macros and transclusions in your stylesheets you should
> instead use the default WikiText type text/vnd.tiddlywiki. This allows full
> WikiText processing to be performed.

Note that, as long as you don't actually use macros or transclusions in the
stylesheet, you can leave the "type" field blank (or use
"text/vnd.tiddlywiki") and still get the desired results.

> Both of these tuts mention module, but I don't see a field for that.

I don't find any mention of "module" in either tutorial.  Also, in general,
if instructions *do* refer to entering a specific field, you need to
*create* that field in the tiddler editor.  Scroll down past the tiddler's
"text" entry area, and you will find controls like this:

Add a new field:    add

enter the desired field name and field value and then press the "add"
button.

Then I save the Tiddler and the whole file

Then I reload the file in the browser.

If done properly, the effects of a stylesheet tiddler (i.e., one that is
TAGGED with $:/tags/Stylesheet) will be applied immediately upon saving the
tiddler, without needing to save the file and reload.

enjoy,
-e