I wish to aggregate information from individual tiddlers,
automatically generating tables like e.g PluginManager does.

1) How is this done?
(I understand that the PluginManager "exctracts fields" from the
individual "plugin tables" but the method is hidden in a macro;
{{small groupbox{<<plugins>>}}} )
The amount of source tiddlers will grow with a few dayily, i.e
eventually it will get rather lenghty.

2) Some data in the resulting table is to be calculated values, for
instance "current age" (ie. todays date minus a fixed date). Is this
better calculated in the aggregate table or in the individual
tiddlers?

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before, but I don't know what
search terms to use.

Thank you!