This has been a really fun project to work on, and many thanks to Xavier for
making it happen. And a huge shout for JDs outstanding visual design work on
the project.

At the beginning I was actually rather pessimistic about the feasibility of the
central challenge of seamlessly scrolling through a book with hundreds of
pages. Xavier had confidence that we could figure something out, and it turned
out to be surprisingly straightforward to create a mechanism to wrap content in
a “reveal” widget that is triggered when it is scrolled into view.

The dynaview plugin has been available for some time. There are a number of
demos here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftiddlywiki%2Fdynaview
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/dynaview>

Xavier’s vision is not just that we emulate the functionality of an existing
ebook, but that we embrace  “active reading”: part of which is making
highlights and notes that become part of the book.

Our first attempt involved modifying the text of the book to add annotations as
macros: for example, <<highlight green “the river”>>. There are several
challenges with this approach, so we ended up with the Dynannotate plugin that
is built around a widget that displays overlays over the content that it
contains.

You can try out the Dynannotate plugin here:

https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2Ftiddlywiki%2Fdynannotate
<https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#$:/plugins/tiddlywiki/dynannotate>

We’ll release the other two components, the “Epub Slicer” and “TW Book Wrapper”
plugins shortly,

Best wishes

Jeremy.