TonyM wrote:

> I think the thing is social distancing is what separation causes and
> physical distancing is what is needed.
>
> Italians and French people singing from balconies is coming together
> socially not physically as is a phone or Skype call.

Balcony singing, sure. Anything else? Any other physical activity? Shouting
across roads to neighbours? Waving?

The rest is ALREADY what hundreds of millions us do and have for years!
"Virtual closeness" exists.
Nothing new in that.
That is just an existing general trend. People are doing it. Unless they
can't.

Post also still works here.

It does not obviate fact human beings experience social relations most via
proximity.

TT