Michael, you must have some Javascript library that allows you to use
the code you provided.

I don't have tiddlerSize in my wiki. And "tiddler" is actually
accessed as story.findContainingTiddler(place).

There is a complete example in InlineJavascriptPluginInfo, but it
doesn't work from ViewTemplate.

<script show>
        if (!window.story) window.story=window;
        var title=story.findContainingTiddler(place).getAttribute("tiddler");
        var size=store.getTiddlerText(title).length;
        return title+" is using "+size+" bytes";
</script>

So how do I use <script> in ViewTemplate?