Hey, I'm doing exactly that (keeping a COVID-19 journal with Tiddlywiki).
 It's mostly not a personal journal, but a collection of everything I learn
about the pandemic from news and such, though there's a little personal
experience in there too.  It's been a great way to learn about the system,
as I find more and more things to switch from doing by hand ad hoc to
organizing things and adding clever tricks.  My most recent triumph was
figuring out how to use math filters to create a table of daily percentage
increases in cases and deaths, based on entering those in daily tiddler
fields.  (What a grim thing to have a "triumph" about... but getting these
numbers has allowed me to see the positive effect of my state's
stay-at-home orders on the rate of increase.)

I find that if I make a collection of all the news I learn, I don't feel
like I have to keep it all in my head or post it all to social media or
anything like that.  I have it set down in a dedicated space where it will
be there if I need it.