Yeah I do get that my use-case deviates from the original intention.

But there is a very lively global community emerging right now around note
taking and productivity. This is being driven by the likes of Tiago Forte's
Building a Second Brain, the note taking app Roam Research, the book How to
Take Smart Notes, Andy's super impressive notes page
https://notes.andymatuschak.org/, and also Anne-Laure who is active on this
group.

By sheer chance it looks like TW maps quite beautifully to the needs of
this community for two different reasons.
1 - TW looks like it can be an open source version of Roam Research
2 - TW looks like it can allow people to replicate Andy's notes page (my
use case)

So fate has presented the TW with what I think is a big opportunity to ride
the wave of the above mentioned movement/community. I think if you cater to
their needs then TW could explode! Just look at the amount of activity and
cult status that Roam Research is getting while still in beta.

I don't doubt that the above things are possible in TW, but they are fringe
cases and as a user trying to do these things it feels like I'm going
outside the bounds of what TW is meant for. The experience is cumbersome.
I'm just putting forward the idea that maybe these use cases should be
considered more central and that they should be made easier, the experience
should be streamlined and documented better. But I'm biased because I'm not
originally from TW, I come from the above mentioned note-taking /
productivity world.

Its obviously a strategic decision for the TW community as to whether these
use case are important and central enough in terms of the TW values.