I wonder if the really old procedure would still work?  You could
experiment (keep a backup!), by pasting the text from this page into a
tiddler in your TW, and then following the instructions:
http://svn.tiddlywiki.org/Tags/REL-2.2.1_Final/verticals/tiddlywiki.com/tiddlers/HowToUpgrade.tiddler
cmari