On Friday, April 24, 2020 at 12:22:58 PM UTC-7, Anne-Laure Le Cunff wrote:

> I want to create a page displaying the most recently edited tiddlers.
> This is my code:
>
> *<<list-links
> filter:"[!is[system]!sort[edited]]-[tag[hide]]-[tag[meta]]">>*
>
> The weird thing that happens is that it gives me the list of most recently
> edited tiddlers, but displays their caption field instead of their title
> (see screenshot attached).

The list-links macro is defined here: *$:/core/macros/list*
\define list-links(filter,type:"ul",subtype:"li",class:"",emptyMessage)
\whitespace trim
<$type$ class="$class$">
<$list filter="$filter$" emptyMessage=<<__emptyMessage__>>>
<$subtype$>
<$link to={{!!title}}>
<$transclude field="caption">
<$view field="title"/>
</$transclude>
</$link>
</$subtype$>
</$list>
</$type$>
\end

Note these lines:
<$transclude field="caption">
<$view field="title"/>
</$transclude>

What this means:
The $transclude widget will show the caption text of the tiddler.  If there
is no caption field defined, it falls back to showing the title of the
tiddler.

What you can do:
Instead of using the <<list-link>> macro, you can create your own output
using the <$list> widget.  Something like this:
<$list filter="[!is[system]!sort[edited]] -[tag[hide]] -[tag[meta]]">
   <li><$link /></li>
</$list>

notes:
* in your posted code, you used "!sort[edited]"... however, unless you are
creating that field yourself, there is no such field by default.  When you
edit a tiddler, the TWCore automatically updates a field called "modified"
* the list that is generated will include *all* tiddlers in the document.
If there are a lot of tiddlers, the list will be very long (e.g., try this
on tiddlywiki.com, and you will get 1258 items!).  You can use the
[limit[...]] filter to keep the list from being too long.

Thus, to only show the 50 most recent changes:
<$list filter="[!is[system]!sort[modified]] -[tag[hide]] -[tag[meta]]
+[limit[50]]">
   <li><$link /></li>
</$list>

enjoy,
-e
Eric Shulman
TiddlyTools.com - "Small Tools for Big Ideas!" (tm)
InsideTiddlyWiki: http://TiddlyTools.com/InsideTW