> I thought about combining TiddlyWiki with a simple Rails application
> [...] The main idea is to have the content of the tiddlers seperated
> from the layout

That's great - thanks for sharing!

We're pursuing similar goals with TiddlyWeb*, and having a diverse
ecosystem here is great.

I've noticed you're serving a modified TiddlyWiki document.
It's generally advisable to put everything into a tiddler - e.g. your
custom functionality could be TiddlyWiki plugins. Among other things,
that makes upgrading much simpler, as you won't have to manually merge
core changes.

> right now the "download" link only opens another page with the
> original TiddlyWiki html, so you have to "Save" the page to your
> desktop with your browser

This might be of interest:
     http://groups.google.com/group/tiddlywikidev/t/8e9a81e490854d23

> To log in with your Google ID use URL
> https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id as OpenID URL.

FWIW, when I tried to sign up with my (non-Google) OpenID, it still
required me to enter an e-mail address.

By the way, do you intend to open-source your code?

-- F.

* http://tiddlyweb.com