Mat, thanks for your help.
The numbers I quoted to Mark were fictitious examples, my tiddlers on
Tiddylyspot are real ones I use. I did not think that would be confusing.

Your list filter is fine insofar as it lists all my tiddlers, and, where
available, the alphanumeric numbers with them. Nevertheless, it also lists the
tiddlers where the number field is empty, i.e. without a value. I don't want to
see those.

So, in the 3 tiddlers shown in Tiddlyspot, I have deleted the alphanumeric
number in the one called "commercial art", so in the filered list I would not
want to see "commercial art".

2 May 2020, 14:03 by tiddlywiki@googlegroups.com: