Hello,

Similar to what was discussed here
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/tiddlywiki/%3C$24action-scrolltotop$2F%3E%7Csort:date/tiddlywiki/oGnX67mw_Nw/e9-ja4o7BgAJ>,

is there a JavaScript custom widget with a single timeout function that
would make it possible to run a sleep/timeout/delay for a number of
miliseconds as provided through its parameter?

My use case would be to only have the single timeout function in the
widget, so the widget would only make sense if it was placed before another
action widget whose actions are to be delayed. It would not do anything
meaningful on its own, other than freezing the browser a few seconds
(which, I know, sounds risky in itself).

There's some discussion on StackOverflow and elsewhere advising against
such solutions, unless in very specific use cases. Freezing anything on
purpose does not sound as the safest thing to do. I was wondering if
someone knowledgeable in JS could share their thoughts on the best approach
to achieve this with little to no risk.

Many thanks,
Hubert