Hi Tony,

TW core has a so-called "hook" mechanism, that could be used here. It is
described in the TW dev edition, with a minimal example, that just shows
the basic mechanism.

See the th-saving-tiddler hook
<https://tiddlywiki.com/dev/#HookMechanism:HookMechanism%20%5B%5BHook%3A%20th-saving-tiddler%5D%5D>

info. ... You could do a *javascript *regexp *search and replace* in the
hook.

BUT as a user of such an editor, I personally would consider a behaviour
like this as a very offensive action. ... If you just want to learn about
the inner workings of TW core, I think it's a good example, with a little
bit of risk involved, to keep it interesting.

I did use the th-importing-tiddler hook with my bundler plugin, to log
imported tiddlers into a log tiddler. ... This can be a "real world"
example how you can implement it as a plugin.

To do hooks right, you also need to understand when they are executed, so
you'll also need to have a closer look at TW core code.

th-saving-tiddler is executed here:
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/d1441d29fde17fd382658d7b541cab513d86a936/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js#L323

th-importing-tiddler is executed here:
https://github.com/Jermolene/TiddlyWiki5/blob/d1441d29fde17fd382658d7b541cab513d86a936/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js#L559