On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 12:33:15 PM UTC-4, PMario wrote:

> On Saturday, May 23, 2020 at 5:51:57 AM UTC+2, Mark S. wrote:
>>
>> If you use PMario's file-backups you can save to the same file  on
>> Firefox (not sure if it does Chrome).
>>

> FireFox works for me. There is no Chrome version atm. ... BUT it needs to
> be Downloads dir or a subdirectory also on Android.
>
> see. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/file-backups/
>
> -m

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestions.  I tried PMario's file-backups but I couldn't
get it to work the way I wanted -- I wanted to save to the original file,
not make backups.  I tried to install TiddloidLite but my phone admin has
locked installing apps from apk files.

I ended up finding Auto Transfer on the Play store which I setup to move
Downloads/Stroll.html to MyDir/Stroll.html automatically.  Then the next
time I save the file from the browser there is no filename in the way and
the file doesn't get renamed.  I have Syncthing running in MyDir and it
syncs the file to my other devices.  The only minor issue is I have to
remember to reload the file in the browser before editing.  This works well
enough for me.

Glen