Thanks Eric for the clarification.  Most of my question could have been
solved by reading more closely. However;

> Also note that when "all[]" is omitted, the default input for the filter
run is *implied* to be all non-shadow tiddlers,

Is this documented somewhere?  I found a sentence on this tiddler:
https://tiddlywiki.com/#all%20Operator stating "By default, each run
considers every tiddler in the wiki." Would it be more correct if it said
"every non-shadow tiddler" instead of "every tiddler"?