I'd like to turn the value of a field ("bibtex-annote") into the content of
multiple new tiddlers for later use/transclusion. Right now, I am able to
copy the entire value to a single new tiddler with this button (adapted
from here <https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/tiddlywiki/8ci-cTQl_OA>):

\define annoTags() [[$(currentTiddler)$]] Annotation
\define annoTiddler() $(currentTiddler)$

<$button>
<$action-sendmessage $message="tm-new-tiddler" title="New Annotation" tags
=<<annoTags>> text={{!!bibtex-annote}}/>
Pull annotations
</$button>

This works, but obviously is incapable of parsing the value into multiple
tiddlers. Here's the value:

Extracted Annotations (6/11/2020, 8:20:28 AM)"Infection-control strategies
focused ... into this facility." (Arons et al 2020:1){\textbar}"The median
... (interquartile range, 3 to 5)." (Arons et al 2020:3){\textbar}

Which should return two tiddlers:
"Infection-control strategies focused ... into this facility." (Arons et al
2020:1)

"The median ... (interquartile range, 3 to 5)." (Arons et al 2020:3)

Where should I look for this kind of parsing? I'm currently using
single-file TW5. I'm unsure about writing js, but can follow a
guide/examples.

If I am way off, are there are other ways to import annotations from
reference managers or BibTeX? I'm using Zotero with Zotfile at the moment.