Riz,

The following is my view point simply in the spirit of sharing perspectives.

The key to me, is providing an easy path for the new user to identify if
tiddlywiki is for them. For someone wanting to store tiddlers in separate
files ie a specific requirement, they must first have established the tool
meets their general requirements.

Personally I think some links to a showcase would be good (but not yet
available?)

In someways if someone "makes it their own" with a download and can play
with tiddlywiki, when only the default saver is available to them, and they
like it, even if they can't save it, they will return to the website and
look for more information.

This is why I think a link to a standard edition/playground edition(s) asap
would be wise, no download until your hooked approach.

My idea is, if there is a motivation for someone to move to the next step
and no barrier to do so, we get forward moment, someone from the markdown,
coder, node server will be motivated to find out how it works and what they
can do, they will trawl the options (As I did) but a lot of new users
arriving from a google search may only be motivated by their search string,
and what it is they were looking for, curiosity could get them to download
and open empty.html, but I am not sure curiosity will get them to install a
server, even chose to, before they get an idea of tiddlywiki, if presented
inappropriately they will think a server install is necessary.

The approach you suggest says "a user MUST consciously choose the single
HTML", to me this is a barrier too many. A sparse empty.html is the next
barrier in my view. With not contents tab its may be hard to find a tiddler
again.

Regards
Tony