@Michael no worries, I am happy to see you trying to tweak it. The goal of
publishing this was exactly this, to get people to try and adapt and
leverage this for their own needs, you're the first one to try and do so.

So one quick way to cheat and get navigation working would be to keep the
two reveal widgets that give each node a view and edit mode. And have rapid
tiddler in both, with autofocus in the edit mode and without autofocus in
the view mode.

I am attaching a file that shows what I mean, though I haven't had the
chance to test it yet.

Btw is is it just me, or do the arrow and backspace keys not work in
RapidTiddler?