> From EditTextWidget:
> "One trap to be aware of is that the edit text widget cannot be used to
> edit a field of the tiddler that contains it. Each keypress results in the
> tiddler being re-rendered, which loses the cursor position within the text
> field."
> "In short the EditTextWidget can not change properties of the tiddler it
> is embedded in or part of. It can only change fields of other tiddlers."
>
> What this means in your specific example is since your EditTextWidget and
> the field that your are editing are in your DataEntry tiddler, it will
> force a refresh of the EditTextWidget with every keystroke ... even if you
> transclude it into another tiddler. You are best to tweak your DataEntry
> EditTextWidget with tiddler=DataStorage so that the widget is in the
> DataEntry tiddler and the field being edited is in DataStorage tiddler.
>
> For sure, it is an annoying limitation and an easy trap to fall in
> considering that the default tiddler for the widget is currentTiddler but
> once you get things working, it is easy problem to avoid. I banged my head
> on this one for a while.
>
> /Mike

"Each keypress results in the tiddler being re-rendered, which loses the
cursor position within the text field". - yep, that's exactly what happens.

Buuuut... how to update the fields of the TARGET Tiddler?.. How to chose
the title of the tiddler I want to change the field values?? Change it
manually EVERY TIME changind the name of "DataStorage" tiddler to the
needed one? Then - what's the point??? It makes it absolutely useless this
way...