On Saturday, July 4, 2020 at 3:09:46 AM UTC-7, Michaelsy wrote:

> When I create an external link in the wikitext, for example:
> [ext [Open file|../20200703224247/index.html]]
> then the target attribute in the HTML-link is set to "_blank". How can I
> avoid this? I would prefer not to have a target attribute for external
> links, system-wide.

If there was no target="..." for external links, then clicking such a link
would immediately
exit the TiddlyWiki you are viewing (unless you had unsaved changes).  This
would discard
whatever context existed (e.g. currently opened tiddlers, search keywords,
and any $:/state/... tiddlers).  I suppose there might be a use-case where
that would be
appropriate, but in general it seems like it shouldn't do this by default.

I suppose it could be useful to extend the "[ext[...]]" syntax to permit
specification of
a target, i.e., "[ext target=... [...]]".  If this was added, then you
could write
"[ext target=_self [...]]" to force a link to open in the same tab/window.

However, if you really want an external link to open in the same tab/window,
then you can already use standard HTML syntax, which is simple enough:

Perhaps if you explain your use-case a bit more, it might shed some light
on why you want this behavior in the first place.

-e