Hi Mark, sorry to mither...

I've created buttons which copy the entire macro to a new tiddler, create
error messages and do nothing at all (I swear once I heard it laughing at
me...) but not one of my bumbling attempts at tiddlywiki-speak have made
the text of the date, and only the text of the date, appear in another
field or tiddler.

To clarify...

enter a date in a field.

Use your wonderful macro to add a number of days (probably in another field)

Put the text output of that in a final field.   <------This be the bit that
killing me :)

Smile as vis.js finally recognises the output!

:)