Folks

With 360 degree mentioned in this thread, I just though I would share this,
I fell upon this device, I knew nothing about until recently;
the INSTA360 One X

What I found most interesting was not the production of a single 360x360
image, or even a 360 video but the in phone post production on videos to
produce a standard format video. Basically you place the camera in a
particular location, let the event occur you are filming, and later choose
what view point is taken. The recording is aware of the position so you can
throw the camera in the air and while it tumbles around the recorded video
is stable.

This may be a boost to 360 video that it needed.

   - It would also allow one camera recording of two or more people and
   again edit after the event, choosing who the camera or in this case the
   video is pointing at after the event, and according to the content.
   - With long self sticks you can actually have the stick removed from the
   image and the result can look like a drone
   - Whilst I recently obtained a gimble DJI osmo mobile 3 for stability
   and a lot of other features 360 video's stand to make the hardware all but
   obsolete in the long run.

Very interesting area to explore.

Regards
TW Tones