Hi,

help me dispel some confusion :
I first installed TW5 using npm, and served it via NodeJS because I wanted
to have multiple *.tid files rather than one unique html file (see my last
question below).
My 'tiddlywiki.info' had a couple of plugins, themes, options. Back then, I
was using Firefox to access the TW on localhost.

But after a while, I started to exclusively use TiddlyDesktop to launch my
TW folder *without ever starting the nodeJS server.*

So far, it works, all tiddlers get saved in a separated .tid file almost
instantly.
Whenever I install plugins via drag-n-drop, they are also saved in the TW
folder in separate files.
So all in all, this seems to be the perfect solution... but it's probably
too easy so I suspect I'm doing it wrong.

It seems the correct and official way to install plugins on NodeJS is to
declare the new plugins in the tiddlywiki.info file every time (which I
never do).
Is there a specific reason why this is better than the drag n drop in my
situation (where I use TiddlyDesktop only) ?

Will I run into some troubles in the long run and why ?
Is this a valid use case to create a NodeJS TW installation to get
multi-files feature, but use it as a standalone offline wiki wia
tiddlydesktop ?

last question :
initially, I wanted to have separate *.tid files for *backup* purposes but
also for *editing*.
I was hoping to *create and edit new tiddlers using external text editors *(by
using a templated header) : is there anything else to do aside from saving
the tiddler with the correct header (say from Sublime Text or Atom) and
then refresh the wiki ? is this a common/approved workflow for TW5 ?

thanks !
Phi