I'm dipping my toes into writing macros.  I make a lot of mistakes while
doing so.  It seems it would be more efficient for me if there were an
"apply changes" button that applied the edits but kept the editor open
since 99% of the time I've made some typo or syntax error and need to
re-open the editor anyway.

Does such a feature exists, or make sense?