Ton, thanks for your feedback.

1) I don't see a way to cancel the SideEditor (other than using the Save
> and close button (√))

Correct. You can't because you're modifying it *live,* which is what I'm
after. To cancel would mean there would have to be a second copy of it all
(like with draft tiddlers). Macros are an exception and do use a second
temporary copy (because they, unfortunately, *can't* be edited live).

> 2) When opened in a new window:
> 2.1) The Save and close button (√) disappeares from the toolbar

Overall, there are intentional slight differences in the menu bar UI
between the in-wiki editor and the break-out window, because they are
intended for different uses. But I DID try actually try to include a "Save
and close" button but didn't get it to work. You can see it in the shadow
$:/plugins/TWaddle/SideEditor/Window
<http://sideeditor.tiddlyspot.com/#%24%3A%2Fplugins%2FTWaddle%2FSideEditor%2FWindow>
 i.e:

<!--Closing window doesn't work here (but it does work for delete button)
<$button tooltip="Save and Close editor"

(The javascript does actually work, see comments earlier in this thread,
but apparently just not at that place.)

The compromise was to omit the button and instead one has to close by
closing the window or switch to "in-tiddly editor". The saving is, again,
not needed as things are live edited. Except macros but these do get a
button to save, also in the separate window.

2.2) Resizing the window (width > 960px) results in
> 2.2a) Change in layout (centralized with margins > 240px)
> 2.2b) The toolbar disappears

Intentional. As noted in the readme, this is "distraction free" mode. The
toolbar appears if you hover over it.

<:-)