Hi Folks,

For those who don't want to read - there is a List of videos
<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=497hRzpRHuI&list=PLuiC_HFhI4OyUiDGqvzB64mTQTURABjlW>

about

*Improve Community Communication proposal*

04 Using e-mail to request a new feature

---------------

Hi Folks,
Pietsch Mario again,

with the next video about the

Community Communication and the Feature Request e-mail workflow

On the homepage I showed you, there are 2 links

The Feature Request List and the  Feature Request Board

I go to feature request list. Here I have the possibility to view
everything.

If I'm logged in, I get a new link (at the bottom) here which is called:
"e-mail here new issue with this project"

The advantage here is,  that it creates a unique e-mail address

that is only available for this user.

We can nicely identify it and we don't get any spam!

There is a possibility to have a "global" e-mail address

If you are the user, who want's to manage this, and if  you want to deal
with the spam, you are free to do so.

I propose the private e-mail address.

I copy it

Open my mailbox for this user

Post a new subject The subject title is the title of the feature request

I want to have a wow feature for TW

Then I need an actionable description The easiest way to go there is:

If you start with

"As a user, I would like to have" or
"As a developer, ... " and so on ...

Then you describe the different elements
what it needs

That's basically it.
I'll send it

Message was sent. OK
I do a page refresh

I already created one, so I'll close this one

Here it is. There is the "WOW" feature
which gives us: As a user I'd like to have ...

and then the different steps.

This creates, what we call an actionable feature request

So a developer, may be able to create something

If I'm a developer, I go to the "board"
I have a look at the "backlog"

There is the wow feature and you can say: OK
**laugh**

OK This user doesn't have the rights.
So if I would be a developer, I could move it here.

With this user I actually cant.

I think you get it. With this feature it is as easy as using
an e-mail address to create new feature proposals.

With the default notification mechanism,
you'll get a summary once per day, I think or

if someone mentions you, you'll get a new e-mail
or if someone responds to your feature request.

That's basically it, about a possible workflow with
e-mails. ...

There is room for improvements. We are open for contributions!

The nest one will be, some more information about
the New Governance Model

If community members have the right, to merge content
and publish content, to the official page

we have to setup some rules!

That's a discussion about it.

See you soon!