Adithya! This is wonderful, especially for people like me who want the
tiniest degree of separation between View and Edit modes!

Some things I hope you can add:

\define macroMe(name:"teacup")
> I'm a little $name$
> \end

Can macro definitions have a certain color, and the macro name to be bold?
For example, I wish this whole block to be <<colour muted-foreground>>,
where $name$ is highlighted in another color, maybe <<colour
code-foreground>>, sample:

\define *macroMe*(name:"teacup")
> I'm a little $*name*$
> \end

As an extension to this thought: can I target this whole text block in CSS?
This is a desirable workflow for me: on mouse-hover, this whole block of
text is very visible, to allow no room for mistakes while editing. Then
with no mouse hover, it assumes the coloring as stated above, or maybe even
just a lighter opacity (I can do this with CSS of course, if it's a class
that can be *exposed *to me)

//ddf//
>  __underline__
>   ~~strikethrough~~

And some sup^^s^^ and sub,,s,, because I write like this sometimes

I hope you can add the above in the future, especially the *//Italics//*, __
*underlines*__, and ~~strike-throughs~~! (no google groups formatting for
strikethroughs, so I can't show the visualization)!

> <<list-links "[tag[task]sort[title]]">>
> <<macroMe "ant">>

Like [[*]] and {{*}}, can <<* "">> have a color? And within it, can strings
starting and ending with* "* also be styled? Sample:

 <<list-links "*[tag[task]sort[title]]*">>

<<macroMe "*ant*">>

For strings inside back-ticks,

`monospace me, and color <<colour code-foreground>>?`
> ```
> monospace me, too?
> ```

I've set my CodeMirror font to *NonSerif*, can it be so that strings within
back-ticks are monospaced, colored <<colour code-foreground>>?

As for the html links, they're colored already, but can that be extended so
that maybe clicking on them while CTRL is held down, will result to the
link opening in another browser tab? Also, I write external links this way
a lot:

[[title|http://adithyab.tiddlyspot.com/]]

can it be treated differently from a normal tiddler [[*]] link ? Sample:

[[*title*|http://adithyab.tiddlyspot.com/]]

I'm sorry if these are a hassle to include! I am requesting these from the
perspective of someone going in and out of wikitext and defining macros,
who need these visual identifiers in the textarea.

Also from a perspective external to tiddlywiki... In my line of work, there
is a lot of visual identifiers in "edit mode", before we pass on the work
to people who will only ever access it in "view mode". This is to help us
designers in our field to self-correct immediately, reducing the need for
multiple checks, while the raw form of the work is still exposed to us
(rarely do we even access the work in "view mode").

Your CodeMirror extension has the potential to really *mirror* my actual
non-tiddlywiki work setup, and thus I'm really excited! I hope somehow
these can be implemented in your future plugin. If not, I wish you can
provide tutorials so I can personally extend the features (I have totally
no idea how to JS)

Thanks for this, really! It has so much potential!

-jd