On Thursday, August 20, 2020 at 5:15:09 AM UTC-7, kebi wrote:

> Thanks Tony and Eric for your analyses, in
> *$:/core/modules/widgets/navigator.js* I tried removing the following
> condition
> || (tiddler.fields.text || "")
> and now it always asks before deletion.

Hmm... I think that conditional is needed if you are creating a new tiddler
and type something into the text field, and then press the delete button
from the editor toolbar.  In that situation, the tiddler doesn't exist yet,
but the tiddler.fields.text value is not blank, so it should ask before
discarding the input.  I suggest checking the above interaction and see if
it still asks.

In any case, modifying this central TWCore tiddler is ill-advised, since it
can interfere with upgrading later on.  Reporting an issue on github is the
right course of action, so Jeremy can take a look and possibly find a
better fix.

-e