Hi,

So there is a tiddler called 2020 that tags 50 days or it it just a section
for all Journals with the year 2020?

Perhaps show us what one of the 200 tiddlers looks like, its tags or title?

If what you want is as we see, in your image there is no reason not to make
you own tab, rather than try and play with the tags functions.

We could also add a batch to add a "year" tag to all Journals, then you
could use the year tags?

Regards
Tony