On Thursday, August 27, 2020 at 4:08:23 PM UTC-7, TW Tones wrote:

> For clarity we would call this the "day of year number" DOY

Based on my recent work with time and date
(http://TiddlyTools.com/timer.html), I have learned quite a bit about date
nomenclature.

In fact, there is a well-defined international standard, ISO-8601 (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Ordinal_dates>), that defines how
dates are represented and referenced

Using that international standard, the "day of year number" is called the
*"ordinal
date"* (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_8601#Ordinal_dates).

Similarly, the standard defines the "week of year" number, which is just
referred to as the *"week number"* (
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ISO_week_date).

There is also a standard for "*weekday number*" which is *"a digit d from 1
through 7, beginning with Monday and ending with Sunday"*

Note that the TWCore date formatting (https://tiddlywiki.com/#DateFormat) that
is used by the <<now>> macro already supports "week number" using "WW" and
"0WW" formatting codes.  It also supports both 4-digit and 2-digit "year
number with respect to week number, using "wYYYY" and "wYY" formatting
codes respectively.

-e