Thanks for explaining. However it does not work as suggested. If I
change the upload service to store.cgi I get this message after
pressing "upload"

About to upload on file:///path/to/tw.html ...

And it sits there without any progress.

Whereas the TiddySpot's upload function does this:

About to upload on http://projectname.tiddlyspot.com/index.html

This succeeds.
So I guess I'm still missing something.

/HeX