What is the command line you are using to launch? Is it possible that you
have lazy loading enabled?

I thought lazy-loading was automatically disabled on node, but I see there
is this hidden setting:

https://tiddlywiki.com/#Hidden%20Setting%3A%20Disable%20Lazy%20Loading

It might be worth experimenting to see if changing it makes a difference
(probably have to change, save, and restart).