On Wednesday, September 9, 2020 at 5:53:17 AM UTC-7, talha131 wrote:

> Thank you Brian. This is exactly what I was looking for. Much appreciated!
> Some behavior of the @@ is undocumented. I enabled "tiddlywiki/internals",
> plugin to see the raw HTML. I noticed, if @@background-color: red; is not
> immediately followed a by newline after the semicolon, then the rule is
> applied to span element, instead of div. In your solution I noticed if
> the enclosing <div> is not followed by a newline then the nested rules do
> not work. I guess @@ parser is particular about newlines and spaces.

The fact that "@@attribute:value; ...content ... @@" cannot be nested
really limits it to use for quick styling with simple attributes.  In
general, it is much better to use proper CSS class definitions (either via
a separate tiddler tagged with $:/tags/Stylesheet, or via

When you do want/need to use nested "inline CSS", you can always resort to
HTML syntax:

Thus, in Brian's example, you could eliminate the "@@" syntax entirely, and
just write:

# line
# line <div style="list-style-type:lower-alpha;">

# line
# line

See https://tiddlywiki.com/#Lists%20in%20WikiText for more examples of how
to apply CSS to bullets.