Mario,
here is the link:
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/tiddlywiki/E32yX5RGv4A/AV0KSxvaAgAJ
It was actually not the original discussion that triggered it, but me
providing a javascript solution to the problem and Tony then asking if
something like this was possible now that I had gotten some understanding
of using javascript in tiddlywiki. Looking back at it now it is interesting
to see how far this thing has changed from its macro beginnings.

Mat,
this answer is definitely on Tony. I personally also have yet to find an
actual need for it, but this would be the first time not having a use for a
tool to stop me from at least trying to build it, when it sounds
interesting.
As for security reasons I am not sure. Maybe it could also fall under the
more trouble than it's worth category, seeing how easy it is to overwrite a
variable with something that then could break things further down the line,
while not necessarily finding much use that can't be solved in another way.

Kind Regards,
Felicia