Tones

How do I use your attachment? I tried copying the contents into a tiddler
and made it a json tiddler. I also tried drag and dropping your attachment
into my wiki. But neither attempt made anything different appear in my
wiki.

I do already have a New Journal button which timestamps the title and
automatically populates it with the tags "Journal", "(year)", "(month)",
"202009 September"(for instance).

I am deleting all my other apps one by one (Evernote, Google Keep, etc.) as
I retrieve my old journal entries from them and bring them over into
Tiddlywiki, so I can not rely on the creation date of the journal tiddlers.
I suppose I could manually change the creation date to match the date of
the journal entry, but I would have a ton of tiddlers to process all over
again one by one. In transferring my journal entries I just had every
journal tiddler title follow this pattern ...

"2020.09.19 Sat 0600 - (some phrase to jog my memory about the journal
entry)"

... and didn't worry about the creation date.

Ultimately I had a Journal TOC that was terribly clunky, manual and
redundant. At the top was the "Journal" tiddler with the TOC code. Then an
empty tiddler for every year ("Journal 2020", etc) tagged with "Journal".
Then a tiddler for EVERY month of EVERY year ("202009 September", etc)
tagged with "Journal 2020"(etc) and inside each of those tiddlers code to
transclude all the journal entries for that month (a list filter calling
for title and text of all entries tagged with "Journal" "2020" and
"September" for instance). The individual journal entries were also tagged
with "202009 September" etc and would show up under it (for instance
"202009 September") in the TOC.

But I had to remember to do up a new month tiddler every month, which I
never do, so my TOC has fallen sadly behind. Which is why I was delighted
to find out how to repurpose Eric Schulman's code for my Reading History
which accomplishes almost all of this automatically and far more elegantly.

Looking forward to experimenting with your New Journal button as soon as I
figure out how to get it into my wiki.