I'd wager that the iPad won't support Java (as you say, it's already
clear that it doesn't support Flash). Furthermore, it's unclear
whether it supports storage and opening of local files.

I suspect that the options will be the same as for TiddlyWiki on the iPhone:

- Have a little app wrapper around WebKit that provides local storage
services to TiddlyWiki documents
-- (This could be done around a local file, or around a locally hosted
serverside version. Unfortunately, Apple's refusal to countenance
other runtimes means no Python the device)

- Use TiddlyWeb on the serverside, and single file TiddlyWiki in
Safari, using local HTML5 storage to queue up changes on the device
during periods of lack of connectivity

The fun alternative would be to write a native iphone app that could
read and write TiddlyWiki files...

Cheers

Jerm

On Thu, Jan 28, 2010 at 1:40 AM, Mark S. <throa...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Not enough known yet, but it probably uses Safari, which needs java to
> save TW. But preliminary reports are that it might not run Flash,
> suggesting it also doesn't run Java. So presumably you could use it to
> view your TW data, but would need to update it some other way.
>
> Mark
>
> On Jan 27, 5:11 pm, AlanBCohen <alanbco...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I guess I'm the first to post that I'll be waiting to find out if TW
>> is fully functional on the iPad before I consider buying one.  I don't
>> know if the hardware/OS producers care, but TW has become one of the
>> items that are on my 'make or break' list for selecting hardware.
>> Until then, I'm staying with my 2yr. old Asus 701 4G.  I am, however,
>> looking into moving off the original Xandros to a newer and
>> supportable version of linux.  I know firefox and TW make a good pair.
>
> --

Jeremy Ruston
mailto:jer...@osmosoft.com
http://www.tiddlywiki.com