It is possible to have a tiddler with a <script> block as its contents and
transclude this into the templates/static.tiddler.html so that for example
I have code necessary for the comments section on each page rendered by
that template.

However I cannot have an <script> block within a tiddler that is to be
rendered through that template, for example the one time, in document  code
necessary to embed a github gist that shows a block of code I am talking
about,  because it gets mangled into an unusable form in the process of
being rendered.  It seems like no matter how I try and put that <script>
code into the tiddler, be it by macro or transclusion, it still gets
'neutered' in the rendering process.  This is what I would like to change.