I think the overriding factor for moodle choice is it's free! But Google
classroom is so much better!!!!
Get yourself a Pearltrees account (free one available you can n work as
teams in it... and has the advantage that its yours! Here's mine
pearltrees.com/stephenteacher). Upload your docs and collect your bookmarks
to build up your resources. Iframe embed that into your moodle through a
label. It looks slick. Look at my moodle you can say... People will say
ooohhh... It Is 'in the moodle' but means you don't have to wrestle with
the moodle apart from setting assignments which isn't too painful... Though
I did give up trying to set up a self marking maths questions... (it's in
there!)
Iframe embed permalinks from your tidliwikis. This will save you much
stress.
Another thing I used to do was host assignment docs etc. in drop box and
link to them from the moodle. I had a sycronisation program from
portableapps.com (quietly install without bothering the nice IT dept) which
copied folders from my work cloud drive to my hard drive every hour and the
folder it copied into was my Dropbox folder so any updates to
assignments... Spelling correction... Date change.. Clarification.. would
be live to the students in at most an hour.

So use the moodle but drive your content in it from external sources.
The label is your friend :)