I have to filter tiddler with tags names of the form "criterion 2.4",
"criterion 10.1", etc...

I have devised a simple macro:

\define countCrit(crit) <$count filter="[tag[$crit$]]"/>

which is call like <<countCrit "criterion 4.2">>

But repeating "criterion" is tedious and could make error. what I'd like is
to have

<<counting 4.2>>

which would itself call <<countCrit "criterion 4.2">> for me. Or make the
computation by itself (I tried both ways).

But I cannot be successfull on transforming 4.2 into "criterion 4.2" for
this purpose.

Getting the string seems easy, for instance using the addprefix operator.
But the whole filter has a syntax error.

My code:

\define counting(ref) <$count filter="[tag[ [$ref$] +[addprefix[critère ]]
]]"/>

used as <<counting "1.3">>.

Is there a tool for checking filter syntax and help getting it right?
The .operator-example macro of the doc is of limited use for that. It just
help making tries but when all your tries are wrong without your knowing
why...